Sunday 6 September 2015

Timing is everything!

Ain't that the truth! This past week I got to go on a shop hop with friends that you can read about here. Although I had a sore throat the worse part of the cold was yet to come. And come it did, I have been battling it ever since and the only good part is all I want to do is sit and relax...enter hand quilting!! I have  managed to get this quilt almost half quilted in one week!! YES timing really is everything.




patiently waiting for dad
Also this weekend there are two big events, fall fair in a neighbouring town and a rodeo. All of which DH had to put in an appearance as deputy mayor. So Belle our dog had to stay at home with me, she really doesn't like it when the truck leaves without her!!Doesn't she just look so sad!
 I am hoping all this down time will help me to be well again as the next two weekends I am suppose to be travelling. A quilting weekend with my friend Susan and then the next weekend an overnight visit to my daughter enroute to a quilt show with my fabric piranha friends! There is just no time to be sick!
So today will be more slow stitching/hand
quilting along with Kathy. Check out her blog and see what everyone is up to on this long Labour Day weekend!!!
Good luck to all the kids returning to school next week and to those who have already started...that roar you hear is all the moms cheering!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks beautiful. Be sure to show us when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt...and your dog! Our golden retriever goes into sulk mode whenever she sees a suitcase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and quilting! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you're still under the weather. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon. Love your pup ... I miss our Golden Retriever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of your hand quilting... sounds like the perfect weekend except for having a cold. Poor baby Belle, I just know how sad that would be for her to miss out on an adventure with Dad!
    Are you coming south this month? I want to come see you if you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plans right now are to be at Louise's on Sept.17,18 and go to the St Mary's show!!(I believe that is the show) We will be getting into some mischiefI am sure

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...