Sunday 15 March 2015

Picking up the pieces

all those embroidered words from last week
It never rains but it pours....literally and metaphorically speaking. It has been very mild that last few days and yesterday it was very dull, gray and rainy. A great day for sewing!! Today finds it gray again with snow that has fallen overnight. Seems everything hit at once. DH and myself both being sick for a week and this week still trying to kick that bug out the door and the time change throwing us for a loop as it always does. I feel I have almost caught up!
This week I have had two days  of good sewing(you all know what that means) ........

backing choices
success! I  have produced this quilt top for a friend who requested it. I am just waiting to hear back from her on her choice of backing fabric. Which would you choose?
Oh well while I am waiting I can get some quilts and books together for my half of a talk at guild on panels and what to do with them!!! There are just so many options when you start looking into doing something with a panel. Do you add borders, pieced blocks or just cut the panel into bits!! All work great. As I start to look at my quilts, I have used lots of panels...more than I would have thought!!
So today  I will be basting and hopefully quilting this quilt. Later on I will be joining Kathy for some  slow stitching.I have several knitting projects that I would like to see finished. There is also that winter embroidery project that looks like it won't be done till next winter and don't even get me started on the baby quilts that will be needed in the next 6-9 months!! Enjoy your day and whatever you decide to do!!

10 comments:

  1. I'd pick the second from the left - the pink one for the backing. Enjoy your stitching and so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with the dark pink to compliment the lighter pink on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hearts fabric. Have fun with your stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cut those panels to pieces! Love the fourth from the left as a backing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would choose one of the large scale prints. I find that they make the backs of quilts more interesting. Each of those has its own benefit. The hearts would make quilting from the back a fun option. The red floral has more pink to coordinate with the front. Either option would work... it's all a matter of preference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dark pink for backing but it depends on what color thread you are going to use too. Any of them are pretty as is the quilt!

    Grey skies here today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better... just kick those germs to the curb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would pick the second from the left as backing fabric. That quilt top is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the big hearts. I think it looks more cheery/positive

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...