Sunday 1 March 2015

My world is a changing!!

DH is retiring!!! This weekend is the start of 2 months of holidays and then the official start of retirement in May.  Will my sewing/quilting/blogging life be in for a change? This is yet to be seen but for now I will carry on!
Penelope at the auction house where I got her from
It has been a great week. I finally got the belt I needed for "Penelope" and she sews like a dream. Smooth and oh so quietly!!She will need a little time I think to get the oil into spots to make her run even better. Then my friend Jessica gave me a ironing board topper her hubby made that she didn't need anymore. It fits over your regular ironing board to make a larger surface for ironing. It will require a slight modification so it will fit my antique wooden ironing board. Thanks Jessica!!
Then on Friday another friend gifted to me an older Kenmore sewing machine, circa 1980 something!
It will make a good all purpose machine as the feed dogs drop too. Thank you Brenda.
Oh no my "herd" of machines is growing!! Kathy I am catching up!!
Commission project colours
I have a commission project that I need to start soon. It has to be ready for Easter weekend, so I have a month. The pattern is Turning Twenty Again, which is not difficult but there will be some embroidering going on the quilt top that will require some time. So I must get my but in gear! I will post more of this in the near....very near future!
Only 3 blocks left to go!!
I will be linking up with Kathy

today for more slow stitching. I am determined to get this hand quilting done today....well soon!!!I have many projects on the horizon but I seem to be in a rut trying to get this quilt finished. I have been hand quilting on it since the Fall. I counted last night that I have 3 blocks out of 30 left to do. Then there will be a border stencil to do. I am hoping that the border will go quickly!! haha
Happy stitching to you today!!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, seeing your hand quilting is making me miss mine ... last night with the snow falling, it would have been a nice evening to sit and quilt. Hope you have a productive Slow Stitching Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking machine - I love her colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder the same thing about retirement. How the time I spend now stitching will be interrupted. I am sure we will work it out. Sounds like you have the machine collection addiction that seems to be contagious!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...