Tuesday 21 October 2014

Home again!!

retreat sweat shop
Well what a weekend!! So much happening! Our retreat was this weekend actually Thursday to Sunday! I got a lot accomplished. Two small quilts machine quilted, one small top sewn together, some blocks made for my embroidery quilt and a top started.So much sewing done and now to get the projects to completion. The bindings I will work on tonight during quiltcam and the others will come along in the next few weeks. We were so well taken care of too. The food was to die for and not having to cook was great!!So good some of us took pictures before diving in! And falling into our down filled duvet covered beds at night and listening to the water hitting the shore....oh and the giggling from the room above us!!!We were 27 ladies chattering and laughing for 3 1/2 days!!
Dinner one night
Desserts so yummy
fair quilt
Also on the weekend my winning quilt from the local fair went to the district meeting and won. So now it goes onto the provincial meeting in February. Very exciting for me cause it won in the machine quilting category. Not one of my favorite things!!

Kay's stars quilt
















Another surprise this weekend came from a friend who attended a quilt show in southwestern Ontario. She saw a quilt I had made (and given another friend) hanging in the show. It was great to see it hanging and knowing my friend liked it so much to put it in the show. My friend had given me the scraps and I made the quilt for her.

So with such a fun-filled weekend and so many things happening, is it any wonder that I am having a hard time getting anything done this week. DH is away hunting and I should be sewing up a storm but I need a little motivation so I am headed off to guild today. Maybe that will help get my butt in gear. Have a great week!!!




1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...