Sunday 3 December 2023

Putting in time

clue 1 done, clue 2 to come
 Putting in time is sort of the theme of the week. I have run out of quilt batting so no projects will be getting completed for the foreseeable future. So what is a girl to do....well there are no lack of projects to work on! Clue one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery is done and clue 2 is almost all cut. I am working on a top that will be gifted to a friend after Christmas. Then there are the countless other quilts that I want to make, so not to worry I have lots to do. But to fill in time I pin basted a charity quilt that had all the parts I needed to complete it. One more thing to clear off my table.

 blocks to be made and added
Yesterday I went shopping, you could say the start of my Christmas shopping! Who knew that the hardware store had wool and yarn. I found some lovely sock wool and decided I think I have time to make some Christmas socks!! haha we will see about that one!

starting socks







Christmas decoration are slowly going up and it is getting a little more festive here especially with snow in the forecast. With coffee ready I will check in with Kathy and her slow stitchers  and then get to those socks with the Christmas music set to go! Enjoy your week.

outside decorated

3 comments:

  1. Christmas socks?!? How fun! Hope you get some batting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice festive post with the red colors and a photo of snow. Do you have a favourite sock pattern you use? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be able to finish some socks in time for Christmas? I have to start my gift socks months in advance

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...