Sunday 23 December 2018

Relaxing Sunday and slow stitching

I am joining Kathy for some last minute slow stitching. Yes these are Christmas presents but they were not planned. I found some time to sew in the last couple of days and was able  to get these done....well almost done!
quilt from scraps and stash

The other day I just wanted to sew. I grabbed the first thing on my table and it was a baggie with some blocks and some themed fabric. I started designing...what I love best, a quilt from scratch with no pattern. I was sewing on the fly, making it up as I went along. I went in search of more fabric and to my surprise I found some of the exact same fabric in my stash.You know it is going to be a good sewing day when that happens. This quilt is all made of flannel except for the little red squares...they are regular cotton.This will be gifted unfinished and completed at a later date. I just don't have that amount of time.

love how these turn out every time
 I also decided I didn't have a Christmas themed center piece for a table so out came the 60 degree ruler and some border print fabric. I have used this print before to make a table runner and now I can say it also made two hexagon center pieces. I am working on putting the binding on them this afternoon and will be hand stitching them in place after that.

 I would like to send a message out to a loyal reader (she says I don't blog enough), Jeanne. Thinking of you and sending a big hug your way.

And to all my other readers,with all the family and friends around during the holidays, here's hoping you are able to fit in a little sewing time somewhere!!Enjoy the holidays!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely border print fabric use....
    Your quilt from scraps and stash is just lovely--I like
    your star and tree border..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful last minute Christmas projects!
    I love the 60 degree projects I see. I started one at retreat last year... wonder where it went?!?! LOL
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hug, Deanna - have a great Xmas with your family and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love seeing what you get up to. Centre piece is great. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...