Sunday 13 May 2018

Lazy Sunday

class quilt
Happy Mother's day to all the moms in blogland. It has been a quiet yet wonderful day for me. A full day of sewing with the windows open letting in the smells and sounds of Spring!

baby quilt with churn dashes
I have been in a sewing fit this week. I just wanted to sit at the machine and do some piecing. So I finished the top for a class that I will be teaching in a few weeks. I was working on miniature churn dashes...but I put them on point according to the pattern that I was following. Once it was done, I realized that I didn't like how they looked. They no longer looked like churn dash blocks at all....so what is a girl to do!?! Yup I started another one. Scrappy but with a little more rhythm and reason to it.It is also going to be a bit smaller as I don't have time to do a larger one. This one will be a baby quilt.


In my need for piecing at the machine, I also completed this little quilts this week. They will find a home with some little people in need. I give them to a guild member who is a member of VICARS.So fun to make when you are in need of a sewing fix!
wee quilts for stuffed animals
I will be checking in with Kathy and seeing what everyone is doing. I have missed a few weeks so I am wanting to catch up with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I will be looking forward to some long overdue piecing time in June. Until then, I am super jealous. Happy quilting friend see you
    In a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how the 2 quilts look so different with the same block!
    Love the minis with the stuffies!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...