Monday 26 December 2016

Merry Christmas! and Happy Boxing Day

homemade stockings
And now the gifts are all opened and the turkey has been eaten. It has been a great Christmas and I will be sewing in style this year. I got a new chair for my sewing room. There is not much going on in the sewing room  but dear daughter who is home does need some hemming done so that is on the agenda!There will be time later this week, for now some embroidery and knitting will get done.
comfy chair
I am linking up with my friend Kathy for her slow stitching Sunday. She was showing a favourite ornament. I don't have a favourite(they are all special) but this one was the year I started collecting vintage machines.My first and only featherweight. These stockings were all hand sewn. The cross stitched santa was made and finished Christmas eve 25 years ago just in time for my daughter's first Christmas! At our house even the dogs get stockings. Although we only have one dog now, I still hung our other's stocking(can't part with it). We started a new tradition last year. I bought us all sort of matching PJs, so this year our daughter bought us all mugs with sayings on them! Easy to tell whose was whose!?!

It is freezing rain here so travelling or boxing day shopping is out of the question. What are we to do...the family is waiting for this post to be done and the WII board is coming out for some entertainment!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with loved ones all around!

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...