Sunday 13 March 2016

Springing Ahead

our creek is opening up
Yes it is that day...Spring ahead those clocks!Not sure about what a friend said about more heart attacks and car accidents at this time of the year but I do have a bit of Spring fever! I want to clear out the old projects and get started on some new ones. So hopefully over the next week I can do that! I said hopefully!!! With DH in the bush making maple syrup, I will have lots of time to "get it done"!

forest friend
For the last two weeks I have been working solely on this baby quilt. I appliqued a block a day so I could get it to this point. This evening will be a binding marathon as I have it to do along with three small NICU baby quilts.
Now that the binding pile has grown a bit, this is a sure sign that I am almost finished and I love that.  I have missed my time at the sewing machine now I can get back to piecing. There is no shortage of things to do. Blocks for a challenge, finish my daughter's quilt of curved blocks, my workshop from the other weekend.....oh where to begin!!! And there are workshops on the horizon.

So although I will be in the sewing room, later I will be slow stitching along with my friend Kathy.
Join in and see what others are up to in their sewing and
living rooms!

2 comments:

  1. The baby quilt is adorable. Have fun getting the binding finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is adorable :) VS

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...