Monday 20 July 2015

Routine...what routine!?!?!

Seems like I have been on holidays for two weeks. Had my friends come to visit and a quilting weekend then this past weekend I went away to another friend's cottage for more sewing and relaxation. Wanted to show you the view I had all weekend but I guess I will have to be more on the ball with the camera. I thought I had a pic but search with no results.
robot quilt in progress
Now it is back to reality and a definite need to get into the sewing mode and get some baby quilts made. There have been three babies born to friends or relatives in the last two weeks with more on the way.
I did work on one on the weekend but I was having a issue wrapping my brain around the cutting amounts. I was trying to use only fat quarters and wanting to make sure I had enough..I cut way more than I needed of one patch and than didn't have enough for another part. I made do with what was left. Now after struggling with the cutting, it didn't leave much time for sewing so all I got done was the strips and hst. I will work to get the blocks together and into a quilt top this week. I have till Aug 15 to get this quilt finished. Lucky for me crib quilts are small!!!
never ending it seems - hexies
We did watch the last season of Downton Abbey so I was able to get some slow stitching in on the weekend and especially Sunday joining Kathy. I am so trying not to have to cut more papers but it looks like I may not have a choice in that department. I started joining the pieces and it is starting to take shape. It is a slow slow process but something that I can keep working on and travel with.
Looks like it is going to be a warm day today so getting the housework done so I can relax later. Enjoy your Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had some time for your hexies... it's such a pretty project to enjoy, especially in the summer in the gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hexies. Good luck with the baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...