Sunday 8 March 2015

Mother of all cold/flu bugs!

Oh yes it has hit our house and doesn't want to leave. First DH came down with it on his first weekend of vacation/retirement. A wicked cough and chest cold and while I was being his nurse...I got it too! It has been a week now and no end in sight. You feel stuffy and weak, no energy to do anything. While reading other blogs I find I am not alone...poor Bonnie Hunter is away in Florida and writing how she has caught something too. So I guess I can count myself lucky that I am at home!! At home I am...I haven't been out of the house in a week. Those who know me that is very odd!!

Mother's Christmas present a few years ago
With lots of Netflix watching going on...I have had a productive week. I have embroidered all the words I need for a quilt I am making. A friend wants this quilt for her friend who is fighting cancer. I have made this quilt before for the friend's mom as a gift for Christmas. The pattern is "Turning Twenty Again" I think. I just have a photocopy and there is no title on it and I am not sure where I got it!!?!

So this has been my slow stitching for the week and since I haven't been sewing I have no other projects to work on. So I guess slow stitching Sunday with Kathy this week will be my knitting day!!!I am hoping with lots of rest I can kick this bug right in the butt and out the door.
my slow stitching from this week

part of a challenge




















 I have too many other things I would like to be doing.  Like this, it is just part of something I am working on with a group as a challenge. Can you guess what it might be? More on that in a future post!!Hope everyone is busy and staying healthy!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that I was in the middle of hand quilting my grandson's quilt when the bug hit me ... that was about ALL I had the energy to do. I'm sure it will be the end of this week before I'm back to 100% but I'm not complaining as I'm starting to feel better. I'm sure my hubby is thankful too as he's been doing a lot of the household work that is usually my responsibility. Hope you're feeling better SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep resting and hope you get this thing kicked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stitching. Take care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful words to be stitching while you are recovering from the flu. Take good care of yourself... lots of rest and chicken soup (I think that's what they say!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The words will be very inspirational in the quilt! Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...