Sunday 8 February 2015

Baby Quilt Day

One of the guilds I belong to hosts a baby workshop each year. We get together to make baby quilts for the neo-natal unit of our local hospital. I should have packed last night but no I waited till this morning and that is never a good thing. As I was setting up I realized I only had a walking foot and no other attachments and I had a limited supply of coloured thread with me. It seemed that my quilting MOJO was a little off this morning,but I pushed ahead and was able to get these two made. One is quilted and has the binding on and the other one needs a little more quilting and binding. Today my fellow sewing table mates learned that you can free motion quilt without a foot. Just don't get your fingers too close to that needle!!! So this evening I will be joining Kathy and slow stitching the bindings on these and finishing up the binding on my Grand Illusion quilt. I will show that later this week when it is finished!!


While uploading pictures, I came across one of our two dogs together. The puppy(on the right) is 7 months old now and weighs almost as much as the 13 year old. Where has that cute LITTLE puppy gone!?!?!?


3 comments:

  1. Those baby quilts are so cute! I'm sure they'll be well loved by those babies and their families. :) www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are adorable and it is so nice that you and your guild make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet baby quilts... and such an adorable fur baby!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...