Sunday 19 January 2014

Rolling right along

Basement sewing room looking a little messy
Well things have been proceeding well. I got two quilt tops completed this week and another one pin basted and started machine quilting. The two tops will be going back to a friend (where they came from) to be machine quilted and then back to me to have the binding put on. They are for a charity auction in the Spring.Now to get my stuff done, I started quilting a quilt that has rested for 10 years. It is a BOM sampler that has rest long enough. Time to get it done!
But in between all this I convince DH to open my sewing room up to an adjacent bedroom and now I have almost doubled my sewing space.

Although a ping pong table mostly fills the bedroom(that use to be my daughters). I lost a little wall space in the process but gains a whole room. This is the view of the sewing room and looking in the new doorway(on the left) into my "cutting room". As you can see not all my daughter's things have left yet. I don't think I want her to take all of it!!(sentimental fool I am).









So today while it is snowing and blowing outside I will be finishing up rearranging things, cause this pic makes my sewing room look very disorganized. Then for slow stitching Sunday with Kathy I will be doing more machine quilting on my UFO. Check out what everyone else is up to also!

2 comments:

  1. What a score on gaining a big addition to your sewing room!
    ENjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to be straighten my basement. I would enjoy sewing more.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...