Sunday 5 January 2014

Most productive weekend

four patches and flower block from other day
25" square baby quilt
ugly fabric challenge
I spent this weekend with a quilting buddy who lives a couple of hours away from me. We try to get together each month as our schedules will allow. So there is some sewing, movie watching and a lot of chatting that happens. I took a boxful of goodies to keep me busy and did accomplish some including finishing a pair of knitted socks, the quilt top for a baby charity quilt which was a ugly fabric challenge(it is the bonnet fabric), and 80+ four patches for a new mystery I am teaching at my guild. I have unpacked and am sitting down to a movie to enjoy my last night of being 49! OR should I say it is the eve of the anniversary of being 49 again!!! haha Yes tomorrow is the big 50, how can that be?!?!
Our crazy weather is ever changing. I drove on Friday in -30 degree Celsius weather and came home today in -6 and now we are in the middle of a snowstorm expecting 15-20cm of snow!! Good thing I love this winter weather!!!
So with all this happening slow stitching Sunday with Kathy for me,was slow driving Sunday. I was on a road where there were lots of deer so I took it easy. I am a little more careful on this road as I hit a deer this past summer...silly critters who want to across in front of cars!

!

4 comments:

  1. Love your ugly fabric challenge! Great job on color balance. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owo the sunbonnet quilt is just soooo cute. Great you found some time during the weekend with a quilting buddy. Stay warm and quilting. Happy Birthday!
    Hugs from Summer time in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunbonnet Sue is adorable! How blessed you are to have a quilting buddy to get together with from time to time. And happy, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy being 50. Those decades are big accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...