Sunday 30 October 2022

I am backkkkk

zoom quilt pattern
 Not that I went anywhere but it has been a busy few weeks. The weekend of October 22, I had three friends visiting and we had a mini retreat. Three of us were quilting and one was knitting. We were so busy sewing and chatting that I didn't even think to take any pictures. We did zoom with another group of friends that were retreating south of us. We all did a project together. 100-5 inch squares with simple directions became a large table topper. I of course added more blocks once I knew what we were doing and now have a single bed sized quilt top that was border and had binding made. It will get finished at a later date.

I have finished the memory project I was working on but can't show pics as yet. This past week I completed a quilt top that I started at my retreat. It is my version of a new pattern that is not out as yet. I made it all in purples. Pictures will come when I am able to release them by the designer. Yesterday I started a new project. No time to lally gag..got lots of things to do. It starts with a panel and I will add blocks all around and an outside border to finish it off.

purple quilt my version
After all that, I need to get some of these projects actually finished. Which is sandwiching and basting in preparation for machine quilting. Or I might have to engage my friend Nat to give a hand with her long arm machine.

I have a little time to do some sewing but then will settle in for an afternoon of slow stitching  I have 6 blocks to embroider and I think I am on the third one. I will get lots of stitching time while watching the race...Go Denny!!

3 comments:

  1. So nice to have friends around for a mini retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have friends that share your crafting hobbies. You have been very busy. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to be working on the same projects with your friends! And enjoy your embroidery time!

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...