Sunday 26 June 2022

Let the fun begin!

 I am settling into summer. My mom's house is sold and we are relieved it will be with new owners this coming week.

I went on a mini vacation....well I visited my daughter and helped do renos at her house. At first sight it doesn't look like I did much but lots was accomplished.

panel quilt top completed
my winnings from guild
This week guild also finished for the summer and we had lots of fun and I even won a prize. A member brought in a yoyo quilt and I guessed closest to the right number of yoyos in the quilt. I finished this quilt top from a panel class we had a guild this year. I made it bigger so I could finish it for a charity quilt. It will get finished at a later date.

I had to do a little catching up with my friend
Kathy
and her blog. I have been working in the yard and garden. The plants are growing but so too are the weeds. I spent a couple hours out there this morning ridding the garden of the little devils. This gives me the rest of the day to sit and sew. I am working on my never ending small blocks that you can read about here! My slow stitching will happen later this afternoon when the Nascar race starts. I have a pair of socks that need finishing for the end of the month and I only have one sock completed so far!!

Enjoy your day and putting needle and thread to fabric...or knitting whatever slow stitching relaxes you today!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear that your Mom's house is sold! Great job on the panel quilt top! Hope you relax and enjoy some slow stitching today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That panel quilt is beautiful. Congrats on the guild win. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...