Sunday 14 November 2021

When life gives you lemons

 It is an old saying but so true, it is all in what you do with those lemons! Life and family is ever changing and the challenges that go with that are sometimes overwhelming. But I sit, relax and try to figure out what is best for me and my sanity and then do that.  I figure if I am not happy or well, I cannot be of any help to anyone else. So with that said, I took up curling this Fall on the insistence of a friend and curler Cyndy. So I curl 3 times a week, a day of sewing and an afternoon of knitting and the week is full. Being away from home means not a lot of quilting is getting done there. 

this quilt is basted and needs quilting
I have slowly gotten back to hand quilting. It is slow because it is quiet time and I think. I think of all that could have been and all the things my hubby and I didn't get to do. It is a place I don't like to visit too often. I am trying to stay positive and do the things that make me happy.

I have been working on two quilt tops for Quilts of Valor (quilts for our injured soldiers) that will get finished this month. I need batting to be able to sandwich them and I will get that next week. I have a quilt pin basted and it needs machine quilting. Then it will be onto other projects. I haven't been doing too much sewing or knitting for Christmas. I haven't even thought that far ahead as yet but should start soon.

our 1st taste of snow

I continue to look in and see what Kathy is up to. Slow stitching Sunday blog posts are always full of inspiration and Kathy's humor that makes me smile. My slow stitching happens usually in the evening while watching TV.

Winter is coming and I awoke to flakes falling yesterday and this morning there is a white covering all over the ground. Those first few snowfalls make me excited like a kid at Christmas.

 

10 comments:

  1. Be gentle with yourself. Glad to hear you are curling . I get out for a walk everyday with a friend, socially distanced. We are also missing our normal activities and vacations we had planned. I try to just think about what we can do and know that, someday, we will be able to travel again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curling sounds like it is perfect for you. I am trying to get out and do things too, just sitting around the house is too much. I know that it is going to be hard this next week, Tuesday is my anniversary and will be the first without John. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love being out and keeping busy, it does keep me away from the other things I love...like quilting! I did our anniversary in October but hubby's birthday in September was much harder. One day and one step at a time.

      Delete
  3. Curling? I used to curl. I really liked it. Hope you find it fills a need.
    Jim and I will be away to visit the kids till early February, but I will check in when
    I get back and we should arrange a visit.
    Till then, Be kind to yourself. Merry Christmas. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your time with the kids. A visit or weekend of sewing at my house would be great.

      Delete
  4. It certainly sounds like you are staying busy. Curling sounds like a fun activity. So nice to see your "1st snow for the season " photo. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I enjoy watching curling on TV. We are both decent skaters, but I don't think we would be able to participate. I hope you enjoy your new activity. I often do a whole lot of thinking when I sit and stitch. Sometimes I just have to put music on to stop all the thinking and relax. Take your time. I hope you spend your thinking time remembering happy times instead of regretting what you didn't get to do. I know it is hard. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathie, music is hard too as my hubby played guitar but I still love listening to tunes while I sew. Trying to do things I have always wanted to do, no time like right now!!

      Delete
  6. For true fans of this thread I will address is a free online! How to Use Instant Vortex Air Fryer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here you will learn what is important, it gives you a link to an interesting web page: Check it out

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...