Sunday 18 October 2020

Getting this day started

 It has been an early morning for me. Hubby who is a volunteer fireman, has been out at a fire all night. I woke up and he wasn't home yet so there was no more sleeping happening so here I am!

boardwalk McGregor Park
my neighbourhood on my walk
It has been a busy and productive week. Sewing day with two friends...social distancing of course! I have been working on a new baby quilt and  helping a friend by proof reading a new pattern she is doing as a sew along. With it being a short week because of Thanksgiving, it didn't take long for Saturday to arrive!!

We got our first taste of winter weather yesterday...rainy with a bit of slushy stuff fell. I prefer these pics from Thanksgiving weekend when we visited our daughter.

I will have lots of time today to sit with a coffee and check in with my friend Kathy and see what all the slow stitchers are doing. I will not be attending my annual quilting retreat which starts later this week but that won't stop me from quilting/sewing and hopefully getting some projects finished!

sunrise Monday morning
Lake Huron
beach finds







This is a block from the baby quilt. It is 4 1/2" unfinished, yes that makes that nine patch 1 1/2 " finished....isn't it cute!! Do you see Eeyore in the corner? This fabric has Pooh characters all over it!! I hope to have it finished this week!
Have a great week ahead and I think a nap might be in order later today!!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful your husband helping to volunteer in putting out those fires. I would imagine it would be unsettling being home and wondering if all is okay. The block is so darn cute! Gosh, it is tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your husband is safely home from fighting that fire. Your baby quilt is going to be adorable. I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your husband is safe during this horrible fire season. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tiny little nine patch!
    Fighting fires is such a brave thing to be involved in, the professionals and all the volunteer firefighters too.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...