Sunday 21 June 2020

Happy Father's Day

Wishing all the fathers, dads, stepdads and father figures a happy day. To those near, far, and no longer with us, they are all special!

veggies are growing
poppies done but more flowers coming
It has been a busy couple of weeks. The gardens are a lot of work but they are starting to pay off. The onions and lettuce are ready for salads, and other things are growing and enjoying this hot weather but we could really use some rain. My lilacs are done and now my other flowers are starting to bloom. This flowerbed was covered with poppies in bloom but they are all done now too. I add flowering annuals to this bed with the hope that it will be more colourful in the coming months.

daughter and DH
Our daughter and her boyfriend came home last weekend for a visit. We have not seen each other since Christmas. It was a fun weekend filled with lots of fishing, a Saturday night fish fry and birthday homecoming cake. She thought of it as her birthday which is in July but as it is, she celebrates for the whole month. We weren't letting her start too early!! Got to mention those shirts. She gave us each one as a late Easter gift. My friend's daughter sells them under the brand " Bear and Fox Apparel."Nice shirts and very warm as it was a cold weekend...almost needing winter coats to fish in! Quite a change to this week with temps in the 90's!

working in other direction
So with all that not much quilting was getting done. I have worked on my hexies while fishing and that is a growing quilt. I have flipped the frame for hand quilting as I got to the point of not being able to turn it anymore. So now I have to work from the other side. I figure two more weeks and I should be putting binding on it!! I am so excited to have this one finished. If this isolation keeps up I may just put another one on the frame to work on. It is very relaxing doing hand quilting.

The sunset the other night was beautiful. It is hard to get a good pic with houses, hydro lines and other man-made things in the way, but I try!

I be will checking in with Kathy who had a birthday this past week. Check her blog and send her some birthday wishes and see what everyone is slow stitching on today!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Working on hexies while fishing.....how fun. Your garden is looking beautiful. How wonderful to be able to enjoy the produce of all your hard garden work. Fabulous you can go to your garden, pick the veggies you need and use them in your meals. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden looks great! How awesome to spend time with your daughter... I am jealous and hope to be able to see my daughter soon (she is in a stage 1 region, and I'm in a stage 2)
    Your hand quilting is coming along so well and you are almost done already! Whatever will you do when this one is done!?!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete

  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email
    address::{professionalonlinecardhacker@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $650 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $700 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $900 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    emailaddress::::{professionalonlinecardhacker@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+13523585253


    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...