Tuesday 7 February 2017

UFO day

It continues to be winter here with more snow falling and freezing rain threatening tonight.That's okay because I have lots to do and keep me busy.
Yesterday we had a UFO day at our guild. Seven ladies came out in the beautiful snowy weather and we worked on projects of our own. I took a couple thinking I would get at least one done and work on the second but maybe a little too much chatting was happening.
my winter wonderland
I got my embroidered blocks together and also sewed together the outer borders which are patchwork blocks. The rest had to wait till I got home because I needed an inner border which I neglected to take with me. So last night that was sewn on. Now I have a bit more embroidery to do on the seam lines of the blocks and then I can finish putting this top together.
I want to hand quilt it so it is going to go on the waiting list for a bit.

So my list of things to do is growing even though I am getting quilts finished.

 Yesterday I was reminded(not that I forgot) that a class that I am teaching is coming up at the end of the month. Hmmm....think I should maybe work on my sample and block steps. Guess that will happen later this week.
Enjoy your mid week!

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...