Sunday 16 February 2014

Happy Valentine's/family day weekend

Along with Valentine's day here in Ontario we have a provincial holiday (family day) so that means a long weekend for some of us! Our daughter is home for a visit and I am hoping for nice weather when she leaves tomorrow to go home again. This winter you just never know what it is going to do.
BEFORE
I have been very busy but not in the sewing room...in the kitchen. We have started my birthday present which is a reno of my kitchen. We have moved  and rearranged all the cabinets and wow what a difference. Even though it doesn't look it, there are big differences in layout and where certain cupboards are.Now there has to be some cabinets built(as you can see by some of the holes and some fans and flooring bought.It is a slow process but I am okay with that.
AFTER so far








almost half done




 I have been hand quilting a small project. You can see the start of it here. I thought it would take a  long time to complete but it is going along quite quickly.
So today after shoveling the driveway and doing some cleanup around the house. I am sitting down to enjoy some hand stitching time with Kathy and all her followers on slow stitching Sunday! Relax and enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. We did that one year at my other house. It really was so nice to have things were they worked better. Don't you love having small projects to work on once in a while, they really do make you feel good when you get them done quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the reno! We did a reno of a kitchen at our old house ... while the cabinets definitely needed replacing, the biggest improvement was simply relocating appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. Enjoy your stitches and the day off today.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...