Sunday 15 January 2023

January Round-up

 It is my time of year...snow, cold and my birthday!! Happy #59 to me last week and I made myself a party. I celebrated it by having a come and go mini retreat! Some friends came to sew on the Friday and a couple more came on Saturday too. It was a fun weekend and we all got a little something done. Sadly I was so excited and happy, I forgot to take any pictures! Many thanks to my quilting buddies who joined me, Mallory, Natalie, Cyn, Bernie and for our heart to heart chats. 

 I have been binding two quilts that I got long armed before Christmas. They got set aside for the holidays and now I need them out of the sewing room so I can work. Good time to cuddle under a quilt and finish the binding, the temperatures have been -25 Celsius the last two mornings.

Bonnie Hunter mystery 2023
I have been working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery. This is the first time I have not used scrappy fabrics. I used only three colours and a variety of background whites. I finished the top yesterday and I am determined to get it done so it doesn't end up in the UFO pile. I have a home in mind for it so it has to be done by the beginning of April. So today the backing will get sewn together. I found the perfect fabric in my stash to use with enough for binding. BONUS!!

Then I am hoping to get to a UFO top that needs backing, basting and machine quilting. That is the plan for today along with a walk with my dog once it gets warmer outside!

I am joining up with
Kathy's slow stitching
and seeing what everyone is doing today also. I always enjoy seeing what Kathy is up to. Hope her sore thumb doesn't slow her down too much!

Busy week ahead for me and hope you all enjoy your week!


4 comments:

  1. Your mystery quilt looks amazing. I love how you used mostly scrappy whites in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Little Penpen) happy belated birthday! You are a 1964 baby. I was born in 63, so it’s the big 6-0 for me this year. I salute you for doing Bonnie’s quilt. I love to see everyone’s quilts, but they all look a little challenging to me. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most difficult challenge with her quilts is doing each clue in a week's time. Each step is laid out with a couple options on how to do them. You should give one a try!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great way to celebrate with your friends . BeautifulBH mystery quilt! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...