Wednesday 18 January 2017

Flocks of feathers

feathers that still need some work
Well today was a sewing day and just to make sure, I left the house! Well really it was guild day and we had a workshop. With a little prep work the night before I was able to get lots of sewing done at the class.These eleven blocks are the result of today's class. I will have a few hours more work to make them into a baby quilt for a little girl.
 I like doing these workshops learning a new technique. But I try to find a reason to make the quilt not just because there is a workshop. I have so many projects that need finishing and many many more that I wish to start....there is no time for making things I either don't like or don't want to do just because it is a workshop.
Next month at guild the workshop is bag making. I have enough bags so I will be taking another project to work on and maybe complete!

Fast forward one day. I started this post yesterday but was waiting for daylight to add pictures. Now today I have more to add.
Lori loved being around family
Once again life has thrown me a curve ball or in my case I call it a wake-up call. I learned this morning of a dear friend/cousin who passed away. We went to school together and she married my cousin. She was quite the lady, never at a loss for words or something to say. With all the recent funerals I have attended this is going to be the most difficult because she was the same age as me(well she was a few months younger, she always like to  point that out). I have started taking stock of my life, my accomplishments and things that I still want to do and be part of. You quickly come to the realization time is flying by too fast. So...love the ones you love, give them an extra tight hug today and quite putting off all those things that you think you have time for. Do them now what are you waiting for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...